Why is it easier to date and meet online than in person. Romance

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 04, 2008 at 04:13 AM

This is something I truly don't understand. I met someone on a site, we chatted for hours,days and so on. We finally went out. He says that if he had seen me on the street he'd have been intimidated and never would have thought about approaching me let alone trying to go out with me. Crazy. Yet again there are guys that I have no problem messaging but have a serious problem doing it live and in person with. What does that say about who we are now?

Members Only

• 18Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 10, 2013 at 04:38 PM

i thunk that alot of  cubs fantasize about a cougar but when it becomes a rea lity only few are cut out for it.  myself personally, i like older women becaise they know what they want and have the experience to keep my attention!!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on May 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Yes, love requires an open heart. An open heart emerges when there is trust. For two people to build a partnership, it takes maturity and a willingness to give and take. Mutual honoring of needs, an enjoyment in making each-other's lives more wonderful................and more :-)
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2010 at 02:41 PM

alot of women I have heard from say they are just looking for a good man. However when us men go up to women in society we usually get shot down just by our looks unless we fit your look. Women do this much more then me do. I like online because it allows you to have a conversation with a women that might ordinarily shoot you down in the world.
  • View author's info Posted on May 08, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I would like to think that it is a no-pressure environment as well. Contacting is really easy, you don't need to talk to anyone on the phone and embarrass yourself, and there is no awkwardness about what to do next during the first few dates. The web also provides the transparency that I would know what someone was looking for in a relationship. With that in mind it is easy to know up front where boundaries are (or aren't).
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2010 at 01:03 AM

In my opinion, what it says about who we are now is how we utilize the technology we have today. It offers a better option than initially meeting face to face and having to start at square one, knowing nothing or very little about that person. Through the keyboard and monitor, and over time, you are able to become better acquainted. You learn of their likes and dislikes... if there is compatibility. It enables you to take time to develop a friendship. A lot of the time, it offers an opportunity to get into one's head before you meet. Upon meeting, you feel more comfortable. It becomes much easier to talk, to let your guard down... and you have already determined if there is chemistry.

Regarding the ease in messaging someone, then finding it problematic when meeting them face to face... again, it is chemistry. Often, you can have chemistry... strong attraction online, but find there is little, none or it's not the same face to face.

Missterious One

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Apr 07, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Hello my name is Brian. I think u are just what I'm looking for. I'm from louisiana. I'd luv to chat and meet if we can.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 23, 2010 at 05:30 PM

As men it is easy to get blinded or even intimidated by the looks of a woman. But once you get a grip over your fear ( fear is a mental illusion unless your life is threatened by something ) you can easily do whatever you set your mind on doing. Takes a while but it is possible to control your fears you only need to push your limits. Also depends on your confidence level.

Regarding the difference of talking over the internet and actually meeting the person. The diffenrence is that men or women we all judge the book by its cover. over the internet we are able to control the image we show to people that when you actually see the person(image)is easily categorized and judged.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM

She could chuck as much wood, as a woodchuck could, if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 12, 2009 at 09:54 PM

damn u look good!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2009 at 11:33 PM

i think its because online you get to the person from the inside rather than just by looks.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 03:34 PM

real people are what we want but to meet and possibly be rejected is what makes it easier on line but much more fun in person
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 21, 2009 at 07:25 AM

Well look at how hot you are.
    Any guy that even glimpses you is going to have one thing on his mind (at least).
    How they deal with that psychologically is the "measure of the man".
    Online is all about posing and posturing. Look at the pictures people post of themselves. Most of them studied these pics very carefully before deciding "yes, this shows the real me".
    Not too many people actually have their chit together, though most think they do.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 06, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Quoting author:

This is something I truly don't understand. I met someone on a site, we chatted for hours,days and so on. We finally went out. He says that if he had seen me on the street he'd have been intimidated and never would have thought about approaching me let alone trying to go out with me. Crazy. Yet again there are guys that I have no problem messaging but have a serious problem doing it live and in person with. What does that say about who we are now?

hello there,
    I don't think it is a "now" kind of thing. I think it has always been hard for people, mainly men, to aproch the opposite sex because men don't want to piss off women or get rejected or have them call rape kinda thing. women don't wnat to give men the wrong idea... they don't want men to think that they will get sex just because a women talks to them. those things don't happen on line.
    A women may not be looking to date someone, they might have a BF or what ever and if a man comes up to them face to face then it will annoy the women and she may not be very nice about it.

Also people have all the time in the world to email somone or what ever, they don't both have to be on line to do that.

I know in chat room most people are imature and i cant have a normale adult conversation with chat room women.

At lease that is how I have witnessed things in my life.

I hope this helps and you will respond to what I have said. please read my profile.
    RSVP,
    -sean- aka fseanb
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 29, 2008 at 04:31 PM

online provides a barrier, till its time.
    maybe he was the one that has the problem.
    I like an aggressive woman. One that knows what she wants and is not afraid to ask or show it!
    My sis is a cougar, and she is scary...she likes to show off! Perhaps younger guys are put off by a woman that knows what she wants.
    Good luck!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 15, 2008 at 08:24 AM

I totally agree with you ...men get intimidated by the looks of the woman ... It must be the persona that SHE carry's....
    Once you meet that person the world opens up... so where are you from?

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 17, 2008 at 03:18 PM

Well when some people have more then the other it is intimidating and we get scared and we don't have Faith in our self's to approach that lovely person and that is because we look on the out side not on the in side...The beaut is in side and we must start looking their for it...
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 10, 2008 at 01:06 PM

i think for the most part we are afraid of the face to face awkwardness let alone the rejection. If you approach someone online and they don't like you or you don't like them it is a lot easier to detach yourself and move on. Also people tend to let there guard down when they are behind a computer, i know i do it, even w/ txting i realize i am able to get over my shyness a lot quicker and say things and become more forward w/ what i want to say.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 10, 2008 at 09:36 AM

It really isnt positive or negative. If you think about it it makes perfect sense. In person if a person rejects you there is no way you can distance yourself ecause in right in front of you. Online though your not face to face to the person therefore providing a "safety net" if you will. You can still get to know someone but if they reject you the safety net of not being in person helps safeguard a persons ego because well your more distant than in person. I would argue that you can be more open online than inperson because of the safety net.