Cookie Consent by Cookie Consent by TermsFeed

Expecting your sweetie to do housework for you Family

• View author's info Posted on Dec 06, 2007 at 12:23 AM

I'm just wondering how many guys out there start (perhaps unconsciously) slacking off when it comes to housework when you start a serious relationship with a woman? Let's say you both have busy schedules either working or going to school or otherwise having to do with activities out of the house, and then you both come home.. Do the girlfriends do most of the cleaning and cooking and everything else at home? Or do the guys usually share responsibility at home?
  • 9Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 25, 2011 at 04:55 PM

I make my little boy toys do all the work. 

• View author's info Posted on Jan 24, 2010 at 06:02 PM

I think that men and women should share the duties equally
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM

It is best to have live in help, a caretaker, since slavery was abolished. Except in Saudi Arabia and Sudan.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 21, 2009 at 06:29 PM

being raised in a large family we all learned to cook, clean and keep a very tidy and warm house. If anything i end up doing more cleaning when i am in a relationship or when i am starting a new one. Being a full-time dad 24/7/365 and working full-time i have to keep a neat and tidy house or everything goes crazy.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Apr 30, 2009 at 07:58 PM

I prefer to do all the house work. It helps when only one person is doing it, because you can better keep up with a schedule and avoid doing double work. Most men don't like to clean. Some men do. Check out my profile.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I prefer a clean and tidy home.
    It takes compromise.
    For two people to get along there must be fairness in any relationship even if it is two friends living together.(A romantic relationship is really a friendship)
    My thoughts on sharing the household chores are that we should divide the the chores evenly and fair.
    I always think it is best to wash the dishes after every time I cook because cookware is truly half of the dishes in most meals.
    Whoever does the cooking cleans the mess of the stove of any spills or grease splatters cleans the counters and table,any mess that was made.
    The other person ,whom was treated a cooked meal,washes the pans and cooking utensils because they were treated to a nice meal.
    We would rotate days of cooking.
    I like to cook and show a woman I can be relied on for performing the function of preparing our daily food and nutritional necessity of eating by cooking all of the most savoury meals I have learned to cook along the way.(I make scrumptious Eggs Benedicts on English Muffins for Sunday brunches)
    It depends on the moment.Our time together is always a shared moment and I will always know when it is my responsibilty to do my part.
    Alot of times we do the dishes together.I wash she dries.
    I always opt to be "the garbage man".
    I know what my mother wanted and so I desired to please my mother and do the chores she guided me to do.
    Our mothers instill a whole lot.She was my first example of a woman I ever experienced.
    Momma wants to be pleased so,we first learn how to please a woman by pleasing our mothers.
    Momma doesn't like a dirty boy so we clean the stove of mess after we cook.
    Hmmmmmmm Or maybe momma does like a dirty boy?
    Wow the simple subject of doing chores touches upon human nature and masculine desire to please!
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 06, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Quoting author:

I'm just wondering how many guys out there start (perhaps unconsciously) slacking off when it comes to housework when you start a serious relationship with a woman? Let's say you both have busy schedules either working or going to school or otherwise having to do with activities out of the house, and then you both come home.. Do the girlfriends do most of the cleaning and cooking and everything else at home? Or do the guys usually share responsibility at home?

i wont change. i hardly do house work now, so why would i do it when i live with a GF or am married., all the GFs i have had so far have had there own place to live so in was up to me to clean my place and her to clean her place.

you make a mess you should clean it up.

if you dont have a dishwasher then then first person that hates the dishes in the sink should clean them.

RSVP,
    -sean- aka fseanb

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 06, 2008 at 04:39 PM

well I can only speak for myself..but growing up mostly on my own..(since the age of 13)..I've always had to cook and clean for myself...and being that when young my parents instilled in me the need to be clean it seems as though my ex-wife and i were always fighting b/c she'd wakl by the garbage to put something on the counter that didn't belong there...so yeah you can find a man that shares..and even graciously appreciates a woman that will "share" in the cleanliness of your surroundings...as for cooking...it'd be nice for you to cook every now and then..but if I cook however i don't have to worry about the nights when you try and impress me by cooking something new..and i'm chewing on charcoaled veal with a smile telling you how wonderful it is..lol...so just be patient..you'll find someone...
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 27, 2008 at 03:22 AM

u just haven
    t found the right guy yet , there are men out there that are willing to share the household chores, it also dependes on how u threat your man , if u threat him like shit u will get shit.

it also helps to speak your mind sometimes